Desecrating the Sacred Soft Hackle

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

DUBBN

Desecrating the Sacred Soft Hackle

Post by DUBBN » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:42 pm

When I return from work in 16 days, the first Caddis Hatches should be in swing. I will be nymphing with an indicator, Mono-Rig, swinging for the trout with these patterns. Then run-off will begin, and I will be dredging the softest water, during the highest of flows with these patterns. They will be fished with large Stone Nymphs, and Caddis larva.
I expect to get into a lot of larger fish during the high water.

Pssst. I may use eggs and SJ Worms . :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sizes 14 through 10

Roadkill

Re: Desecrating the Sacred Soft Hackle

Post by Roadkill » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:49 pm

I love them you heathen! ;) :lol:
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:49 pm

I keep looking for something that desecrates the soft hackle and can't find anything, unless you mean beads. If that's the case I've been a desecrator for years. Looking good, Wayne.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:08 pm

Ron Eagle Elk wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:49 pm I keep looking for something that desecrates the soft hackle and can't find anything, unless you mean beads. If that's the case I've been a desecrator for years. Looking good, Wayne.

Ron, psssst. There are some nasty nasty rubber tails.

I took a Black and Peacock, a Partridge and Peacock, and a March Brown and did naughty naughty things to them.

I plan on doing naughty things to the trout when I get home aswell.

;)
Theroe

Post by Theroe » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:38 am

Some people have been known to use garden hackle……
Soft and wet - the only way....
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:59 pm

Theroe wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:38 am Some people have been known to use garden hackle……
I was fishing with a very good friend who was catching ten to my one. Couldn't figure it out. Watched him land a fish, release it, reach into the top pocket of his waders, dress his fly and make another cast. When it got too dark to see to fish anymore we waded to shore. That's when I noticed that the area around the top wader pocket was dirty. He had garden hackle in his pocket! When I thought he was dressing his fly, he was adding a worm to the hook.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:06 pm

Ron Eagle Elk wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:59 pm
Theroe wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:38 am Some people have been known to use garden hackle……
I was fishing with a very good friend who was catching ten to my one. Couldn't figure it out. Watched him land a fish, release it, reach into the top pocket of his waders, dress his fly and make another cast. When it got too dark to see to fish anymore we waded to shore. That's when I noticed that the area around the top wader pocket was dirty. He had garden hackle in his pocket! When I thought he was dressing his fly, he was adding a worm to the hook.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike62

Post by Mike62 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:33 pm

Ron Eagle Elk wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:59 pm
You were fishing with my grandmother, weren't you.
Fishnkilts

Post by Fishnkilts » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:26 am

I look at it as, if it aint broke, don't fix it.
So if you add legs or beads to the fly; why not?

Putting on garden hackle ? That's just an abomination and should be heavily frowned upon with the most stern looking frown and a shaking finger. Tsk, tsk, feel the shame. :D

Those are good looking flies, Wayne.