Post by DUBBN » Mon May 25, 2020 3:48 pm

size 14
Tail, body, and collar - Hares Mask.
A split thread was used for the collar.
The beads are Rainbow, brass beads.

Roadkill

Re: Hare an Hare

Post by Roadkill » Mon May 25, 2020 6:04 pm

Lovely creation, I wonder if one bead will outfish the other in different light conditions. 8-) :?:
FlyFisherMann1955

Post by FlyFisherMann1955 » Mon May 25, 2020 7:02 pm

Extremely buggy looking; I like the look of the red/gold/green bead in the 1st picture.
Fish magnet!

Tight Lines- Ken
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Mon May 25, 2020 7:10 pm

:lol: :lol:

Sorry guys, all the Rainbow beads have the same color on each bead. Brass,Green, Blue, Purple, Red.
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Tue May 26, 2020 6:56 am

I like everything about this fly, from it's short, stubby tail, to the hair collar hackle and the gorgeous rainbow bead. Wait until Vickie finds out I have an order in for rainbow beads. Wayne, you are, indeed, a bad influence of the very best kind.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Tue May 26, 2020 7:27 am

Ron Eagle Elk wrote: โ†‘Tue May 26, 2020 6:56 am I like everything about this fly, from it's short, stubby tail, to the hair collar hackle and the gorgeous rainbow bead. Wait until Vickie finds our I have an order in for rainbow beads. Wayne, you are, indeed, a bad influence of the very best kind.
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Thank you Ron.

Some day I will tell you why I bought the Rainbow beads. It is a very ugly story. ๐Ÿคช

Ron, there is no logical reason why I make the tails on my Hares Ear type flies so sparse and short. I do it mostly when I am using Hares mask for the tail. That and it just looks right to me. When using CDL, Partridge or hen hackle for the tails the length is closer to traditional.
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Tue May 26, 2020 10:43 pm

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Thank you Ron.

Some day I will tell you why I bought the Rainbow beads. It is a very ugly story. ๐Ÿคช

Ron, there is no logical reason why I make the tails on my Hares Ear type flies so sparse and short. I do it mostly when I am using Hares mask for the tail. That and it just looks right to me. When using CDL, Partridge or hen hackle for the tails the length is closer to traditional.
[/quote]

I seem to get more fish with nymphs with short tails, so I tie them all that way, especially those with hare's ear or mask for the tail. It just looks right.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"