Partridge Skins, would you send them back?

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

DUBBN

Re: Partridge Skins, would you send them back?

Post by DUBBN » Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:05 pm

I bought my anual 2 skins a few months ago. One was purchased vis the internet from Charlies Flybox (Charlie Craven). The other from Jims Fly Company through Grant Bench.

The skin on the right came from Charlies. It is the first disappointment I have ever experienced with his fly shop. The top of the skin near the head is ripped , void of the tiny feathers that I cherish. This skin cost me almost $65.00.

The skin on the left is perfect. I communicated with Grant through PM, and let him know exactly what I wanted. He delivered it exactly as I asked. Male in Brown phase. The feathers are perfect. This is the third skin I have purchased through him. I have never been disappointed in any of them. Cost was $55.00

I wont ask Charlie for a refund. He has treated me so well over the years. Especially keeping an eye out for the shade of brown I prefer in hen skins and either holding them or mailing them to me. He did this before selling over the internet. He too is a man of character.
I suppose communicating when able, with the proprietor , before you purchase can be an asset.

jcwillow777

Post by jcwillow777 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:36 pm

Nice skins DUBBN.

These are the replacement premium skins he sent me. No complaints on these. I only had to pay $10 extra, with free shipping. I have purchased quite a bit from this guy, but IIRC I always emailed him and was in contact with him before buying anything. Never an issue before. This time I just ordered off his site without any communication. I am very happy with the second set of skins and will continue to do business with him.

Greg
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:39 pm

Greg. I am glad it worked out.