Tenkara Flies by Misako Ishimura

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

kanutripr

Re: Tenkara Flies by Misako Ishimura

Post by kanutripr » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Just beautiful! It's wonderful seeing such beautiful flies from someone who knows so much about them.

I know Misa is a very busy lady but Mark pleasee tell her she would be so welcome here.

Vicki
Listen with your ears, hear with your heart.
CM_Stewart

Post by CM_Stewart » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:33 pm

Nice flies! Hard to pick a favorite, but I really like the last one. With flies like those there will be a lot of interest in tenkara at Sowbug!
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:40 pm

Thankx everyone so very much. Misa will be registering very soon. We had company again today.....finally someone volunteered (not that we were waiting for that, lol), to help us put together this big self assemble coffee table (with shelves), which we are using as an entertainment center. So now we finally have a decent place to stack and store our stero components and t.v. properly and condensed and out of the line of fire. So that took bout 4 hours. So nice to finally have that "correct." Been over a year since i bought the thing.....lol.
Kelly, Misa will have her books at Sowbug, and she'll do a drawing inside for you. Everyone is telling me that i'm going to Sowbug if they have to kidnap me to get me there.....i have no choice. :D And they're serious. i definately want to go, even if just to see everyone, and learn, and just hang out. i'll be very embarrased by how bad i look......but hey, that's life. And that's why i'm doing the radiation.....just to try and be able to gain enough strength to handle at least a half a day there.....probably on Fri. Like to try and make the tyers dinner that eve. too.....bt we'll just have to see how it goes. ;) Btw, Misa knows exactly which fly is yours, and i have it set aside so she makes sure you get it, even if..........you know. 8-)
Carl, thank you for the nice words, and kind thoughts. i have very fond memories of breakfast that morning, and what a cool sense of humor you have. You really struck me as the ultimate very polite cowboy. Just well raised and western.....heck of a nice combination. :)
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:20 pm

Mark, I am very touched by what you said, thank you. Don't worry about what you will look like. It is the inside that counts! That is the part we all love. :D
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:57 pm

i told her Vicki........but she just told me the very thing you said she would.........."i'm so busy." :roll: i told her tommorrow for sure, ok? ;)

fly_fischa

Post by fly_fischa » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:48 am

What a stunning set of flies, beautiful...
It would be really cool for Misa to join the family here. Besides there are far too many blokes and not enough ladies ;)
K
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:21 pm

Thankx Kars.......i have radiation in a couple hours..........hopefully when we get home.......i can get her signed up. Highly disciplined, yet a very much free form tyer.......she does patterns, but more lilely she tyes from her imagination. She likes to tye dries a lot.......parachutes. And she tyes wets, nymphs, and streamers a lot too. Also emergers.........so she's pretty versitile, at least in the trout fly arena. Has always driven me bonkers how well her flies work, even if they sometimes look like a ten yr. old tyed them. They always work. She's very good with her hands and has a nice touch.
Being apart from her is impossible to imagine......but. i'm tryin' to come to terms with it.............

chase creek

Post by chase creek » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Really lovely, delicate flies. Would love to see more of her work here.
You know she would always be welcome.
"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability, and
beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise"
Aldo Leopold