Claret & Prairie Chicken

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Kelly L.

Re: Claret & Prairie Chicken

Post by Kelly L. » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:36 pm

Hank, it has been a while, but glad to hear from you! Life for me has been incredibly busy lately. But hope it winds down before too long, so I can get back to some relaxation and hobbies.
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:42 pm

Yes a shoulder injury can take you out of the game fast for sure. It can seem like a little thing, but it can also make it impossible at the same time. My doctor said I would have to have physical therapy, but no I did not get that. I worked it out over a period of time. Busy with grandbabies, family issues, and now a slow move to another house. I will be downsizing, so it will be hard to figure out what can fit, what to keep and what not to. The other house needs repairs too, before moving in. Slow but sure, that is how I will be doing that.
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:09 am

Kelly L. wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:42 pm Yes a shoulder injury can take you out of the game fast for sure. It can seem like a little thing, but it can also make it impossible at the same time. My doctor said I would have to have physical therapy, but no I did not get that. I worked it out over a period of time. Busy with grandbabies, family issues, and now a slow move to another house. I will be downsizing, so it will be hard to figure out what can fit, what to keep and what not to. The other house needs repairs too, before moving in. Slow but sure, that is how I will be doing that.
Hey, Kelly, I wrote a nice long response to you, but the site decided I wasn't really logged on. About 5 years ago, my late wife and I moved across country, packing up and moving a collection of tying materials and books collected over a 50+ year span. Since my wife passed away I've been going through stuff, trying to give away the stuff I won't ever use. My problem is the "I'd better keep this because I might need it someday." attitude.

When I was having shoulder problems I was introduced to two hand rod fishing and casting. Really made a difference in my fishing life. I use the spey style casts with single had rods as well and it really helps reduce stress on the shoulders.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
Mike62

Post by Mike62 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:10 pm

Yeah, about that not logged in thing... I wrote a response to REE in another thread, hit the button, and it all magically disappeared.

Shoulders suck, they really do. Two shoulder operations later, and I wish I'd just tried to live with the original mess. Never again.
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:46 pm

Mike62 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:10 pm Yeah, about that not logged in thing... I wrote a response to REE in another thread, hit the button, and it all magically disappeared.

Shoulders suck, they really do. Two shoulder operations later, and I wish I'd just tried to live with the original mess. Never again.
I tried to respond to your comment earlier today, but it kept saying invalid format or something.

Yes I prefer to try natural ways, these days to get well. I got a big shot in the shoulder, and they call it surgery, no kidding. It took me a long time to get it better and have full movement again.
Mike62

Post by Mike62 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:14 am

Kelly L. wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:46 pm
Mike62 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:10 pm Yeah, about that not logged in thing... I wrote a response to REE in another thread, hit the button, and it all magically disappeared.

I tried to respond to your comment earlier today, but it kept saying invalid format or something.

Yes I prefer to try natural ways, these days to get well. I got a big shot in the shoulder, and they call it surgery, no kidding. It took me a long time to get it better and have full movement again.
My damage was from a lifetime very well spent; mostly rotator and labrum tears. Issues with 'frozen shoulder' in rehab were a problem. After the second round of surgery I wound up with this thing called, Parsonage-Turner syndrome. It was like the surgery never happened and twice the pain. Great fun. Surgeon said it would go away after a couple of months. It lasted two years. These days, my fastball wouldn't break glass and my casting stroke has been reinvented at least a dozen times. But, we live to fly fish! We are nothing if not resilient and ridiculously stubborn.