Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Hans Weilenmann

Organza Spider

Post by Hans Weilenmann » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Organza Spider
Hook: Grip 14723BL #20
Thread: Benecchi 12/0, grey
Hackle: Whiting Coq de Leon neck hackle
Body: Organza, grey - single strand, looped; mole, natural and dyed cinnamon - inserted into loop and twisted

Cheers,
Hans W
Silver Doctor

Re: Organza Spider

Post by Silver Doctor » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:10 pm

I love the look of the grip hook on this fly. Must try to pick up a few. By the way is that a Law vice holding it? got one on order.
Often I have been exhausted on trout streams, uncomfortable, wet, cold, brier scarred, sunburned, mosquito bitten, but never, with a fly rod in my hand have I been in a place that was less than beautiful.
My blog: http://lornce.wordpress.com/
Hans Weilenmann

Post by Hans Weilenmann » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:00 pm

SD,

Is it a LAW vise holding the hooks for my photographs? Not a LAW vise, no, but in actual fact you are not totally wrong 8-) as they are small spring loaded clips (I have fine point for trout size flies, and a beefier version for larger hooks) which Lawrence made for me for the purpose holding the flies for me to photograph.

You will love your ordered vise once you have it in your hands. Congrats :P

Cheers,
Hans W
VERN-O

Post by VERN-O » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:25 am

Great fly Hans!!!

Hey silver doctor....keep us posted on the progress of the LAW vise and let us know when it arrives
Silver Doctor

Post by Silver Doctor » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:14 pm

I will give everyone a detailed overview from this old tier. Looking forward to a new toy. Unfortunately it's a 6 to 9 months waiting period. I have patience. :D
Often I have been exhausted on trout streams, uncomfortable, wet, cold, brier scarred, sunburned, mosquito bitten, but never, with a fly rod in my hand have I been in a place that was less than beautiful.
My blog: http://lornce.wordpress.com/