Coq n' Copper

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

DOUGSDEN

Re: Coq n' Copper

Post by DOUGSDEN » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:14 pm

Hi Shane,
You need a pin! A pretty, white and gold flymph pin! Please send me a PM (Personal Message) on the message section of the forum (up above in the dark brown section - the one that looks like a copier!) and include your mailing address! I'll fix you right up! I have to warn you, I'm very slow in these things! Ask anyone on the forum!
I like what I see in your Coq n' Copper! That baby ought to sink like a stone! I like it! Ditto to what Ray and the others said above! You have some advanced skills for sure! Please show us more of what you do!
Welcome to tribe!
Dougsden

P.S. - Don't let these guys fool you with their modesty! They are absolutely the best in the world at what they love! You may have already done this.....take a trip around the forum under each section and be ready to be amazed!
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
Terrestrial12

Post by Terrestrial12 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:27 am

Well idk about all that, but I appreciate the kind words very much. Wire bodies are about the only time I use the rotary function of my vise. After each wrap I bump it with the back of my thumb nail on each side of the hook shank to "seat" it to the previous wrap. They come out pretty perfect. Do the fish care...absolutely not! But the perfectionist inside me does. Mr. Lisenring said something along the lines of "tie your flies so you and the fish can appreciate them" so that's my excuse to be overly anal in my tying lol. I typically would only use proper fly tying wire (usually brassie or equivalent) but the sawyer conversation inspired me to dig out some wires I had salvaged back when I first started tying and was trying to save money where I could. Get back to the roots of FL tying and use what was available. It's kind of an off size and off color and why I ended up not using it in the first place but then I got to thinking they sure didn't have brassie wire back in the day. I ended up really liking the look and the additional weight it provided. Whoever had the big collection of copper wire...if you could point me in the direction of the thin "red" stuff for P.T.'s and killer bugs I'd really like to have some. Or if you'd sell a length of it that would be good too.
Variant

Post by Variant » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:55 am

Try Remington Industries, many colors and AWG down to 44.

Lou
In sport,method is everything.The more the skill the method calls for,the higher it’s yield of emotional stir and satisfaction,the higher it’s place must be in a sportsman’s scale of values. RODERICK HAIG-BROWN
Terrestrial12

Post by Terrestrial12 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:30 pm

Dougsden do you mean a brotherhood pin? Carl was already generous enough to send me one a while back along with some sample flies and some nutrea rat. He made me swear to never fish a dry fly again tho hahaha
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:12 pm

Terrestrial12 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:30 pm He made me swear to never fish a dry fly again tho hahaha
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean