Stone Nymps

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

DUBBN

Stone Nymps

Post by DUBBN » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:50 pm

Heck yes, the fish are smacking Stone Nymphs!
Roadkill

Re: Stone Nymps

Post by Roadkill » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:04 pm

Great looking Stones!!
Fishnkilts

Post by Fishnkilts » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:50 pm

I like those!
The proof is in the pudding, or in this case the photos.

Well done!
Theroe

Post by Theroe » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:21 am

Nice -
I noticed in the photo the fish you caught was on a brass tone bead. . Also, you have some tyed with copper beads. Do you have equal success with different colored beads or are the results skewed one way or the other? I’m asking because I have very little to no luck with copper colored beads.

Thanks,
Dana
Soft and wet - the only way....
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:04 am

Dana, thank you. No, I do not have a preferance between gold or brass beads. For that matter, silver either.

The one color of bead I struggle with the most is the black. Be it shiny or dull. I use black beads, and catch fish with them. For some reason I have less faith in them.

Silver seems to be the O+ blood of my bead world. I can use it on any pattern and have faith.

I think Yellow, Olive, and Brown flies look best with brass or gold. Still, there is nothing in my world of weird patterns that says one color bead is better than another.

I am told by many podcasts and internet articles on fly fishing/tying that trout get use to seeing certain color beads and will ignore them as they suggest danger after time. I do not know if that is true. I am just glad that fish cant see those hooks sticking out of a flies butt, and dont put 2 plus 2 together to figure out the danger aspect. 😉

Thank you again Dana,
Wayne.
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:46 pm

In the end, my brain power amounts to a wilted cabbage. There are better tyers to consult other than me. I cant even get the spelling correct on a subject line.

thank you lord for making trout even dumber than I am. :lol: :lol: :lol: