New Capes

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

jcwillow777

New Capes

Post by jcwillow777 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:10 pm

I recently purchased some of Jim Slattery's capes a few weeks ago after the news was posted here on the forum.

I also got a couple other capes from Jim.

I went to the Midwest Fly Fishing Expo this past weekend and scored some more stuff. I love furnace capes and I picked up 3 and a nice grizzly, all for only $50.

My big pick was three really nice partridge skins. He had 6 skins, so I first just bought 2. We went to one our last classes. After that I decided to go back and buy another one. Cheaper than I could get them online and I was able to pick out the ones I wanted. I am a very happy camper. I'm set for a while.

Last edited by jcwillow777 on Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg
jcwillow777

Re: New Capes

Post by jcwillow777 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:45 pm

I got them from Keough Hackles. They are locared somewhere in Michigan. They only sell to wholesalers, except for when they come to shows. They have been coming to the Expo for years. Most of what he sells is for dry flies. He does have good prices though.

I gotta say I like the Keough furnace capes better than the Metz capes I've gotten.
Greg
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:36 pm

Just think of how much money you are going to save on flies… :D ;) :lol:

Gorgeous collection of hackle.

I’m really jealous of the bottom middle partridge skin. You don’t often find one with so much rich brown. All three skins are beautiful, but the middle one is primo!
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
jcwillow777

Post by jcwillow777 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:04 pm

letumgo wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:36 pm Just think of how much money you are going to save on flies… :D ;) :lol:
:lol: :D :lol:
Greg
DOUGSDEN

Post by DOUGSDEN » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:57 pm

Shazam Greg! Every stinking skin on the post is absolutely gorgeous! Like Ray, I am drawn to the partridge skins! They are superb and such a great price too (I'm a tightwad)! You are making me melt with these beauties! I'm going back to your pics and dream....and slobber a bit!
Dougsden!
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.