Moonlit Hooks

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Fishnkilts

Moonlit Hooks

Post by Fishnkilts » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:44 pm

Worth taking a look at, especially right now when you can get a pack of competition hooks for $3.00 for a pack of 25 hooks. Their Togatta hooks are on sale for $10.00 for a pack of 50.

I found these hooks accidentally online and looked them over. They seemed nice by the photos and they are having a big sale right now. I emailed them and they answered back with this statement.

The Togatta hooks are all made in Japan. We are in a transition stage of moving all our hook models over to the Togatta line up. We believe our hooks are amongst the best in the industry with their quality. We are hoping to take a chunk of business from other manufactures like Firehole, and appreciate people helping to spread the word. We are investing a lot of time, money, and effort into growing the lineup. We have new hook styles and filling out sizes over this year heading into fall this year.

Personally, I'm impressed with these hooks. The ML251 hooks are sexy.
Ron Eagle Elk

Re: Moonlit Hooks

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:52 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the sale. Moonlit is pretty active over on Facebook. The owner is a decent guy. I've traded fly patterns with him a couple of times.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
Partsman

Post by Partsman » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:19 pm

Thanks fishnkilts, as I find my pension and ss dollars squeezed ever more , it’s time to really shop! And hooks are really the one big expense that I can control.
Mike.
Terrestrial12

Post by Terrestrial12 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:40 am

I use moonlit a lot. Really good, strong, sharp hooks and I like the gunmetal color finish instead of gold or bronze. My buddy has an online fly shop called "not only trout" and has them for like 4 bucks all the time. If yall want any I can give you my coupon code to get them even cheaper!
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:58 pm

Terrestrial12 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:40 am I use moonlit a lot. Really good, strong, sharp hooks and I like the gunmetal color finish instead of gold or bronze. My buddy has an online fly shop called "not only trout" and has them for like 4 bucks all the time. If yall want any I can give you my coupon code to get them even cheaper!
4.00 per 25?
DOUGSDEN

Post by DOUGSDEN » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:31 pm

Fishnkilts,
I appreciate your review of Moonlit Hooks! I am always on the lookout for good hooks cheap! I think I have the beginnings of being a collector of hooks! When I take on a new company and I give them a fair trial both at the vice and out on the water, I buy every style and size that I can. My wife always asks when I get that look in my eyes (is it that obvious?) and then asks, "Do you really need more hooks?" That's a really silly question! I hope that most of you will agree with me!
In the Den waiting on the rain to begin,
Doug
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
Fishnkilts

Post by Fishnkilts » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:24 am

DOUGSDEN wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:31 pm Fishnkilts,
I appreciate your review of Moonlit Hooks! I am always on the lookout for good hooks cheap! I think I have the beginnings of being a collector of hooks! When I take on a new company and I give them a fair trial both at the vice and out on the water, I buy every style and size that I can. My wife always asks when I get that look in my eyes (is it that obvious?) and then asks, "Do you really need more hooks?" That's a really silly question! I hope that most of you will agree with me!
In the Den waiting on the rain to begin,
Doug
I hope you can fish these hooks and give them the proper review. I have not been able to get on the water yet and try them for myself. Tying on hooks are one thing, but fishing them is another.
Moonlit keeps telling me they are coming out with new designs and sizes, so I am interested to see what they come up with. I like the fact that their hooks will be made in Japan instead of China. I would prefer they were made here, but that's not an option.