New Kindle Book / Imitators Of The Fly: A History by Peter Hayes

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

letumgo
Site Admin

New Kindle Book / Imitators Of The Fly: A History by Peter Hayes

Post by letumgo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:55 am

For your fly fishing history buffs out there:

Peter Hayes has recently published another new digital book (Kindle format) entitled "Imitators Of The Fly: A History". It was published 29JAN21, so there is a chance you might not have seen it yet. The book is available on Amazon. Once I saw it, I had to add it to my library.
Peter Hayes Book Cover.jpg
Peter Hayes Book Cover.jpg (21.39 KiB) Viewed 3999 times
If you look closely at book cover you will notice the three flies carefully preserved in glass ampules. The book gives some interesting history of the insect preservation method, and reference collection of various specimens.
Fascinating.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know about another neat e-book.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
Variant

Re: New Kindle Book / Imitators Of The Fly: A History by Peter Hayes

Post by Variant » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:43 am

Ray, as usual you hit the nail right on the head! The British Anglers were really interested in developing realistic fly patterns for their pursuit of trout and Grayling. I have a hard bound copy of the same book.

Lou
In sport,method is everything.The more the skill the method calls for,the higher it’s yield of emotional stir and satisfaction,the higher it’s place must be in a sportsman’s scale of values. RODERICK HAIG-BROWN
DOUGSDEN

Post by DOUGSDEN » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:39 pm

Thanks Ray and Lou for filling us in on a very interesting book! Kindle is a wonderful thing. I'm going to have to get off the pot and engage this wonderful resource!
Doug
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:27 pm

Doug - If you’ve got a smart phone or tablet, you can download Kindle software on it and read Kindle books. I have an iPhone and iPad, with the kindle app on each. It allows me to read books whenever I’m sitting around waiting. Lately I’ve been finding digital versions of some older out of print books, and adding them to my digital collection. I still personally prefer physical (paper) copies of books, but see the value of digital versions too. Digital copies are searchable, in a way that bets even books with outstanding index sections.

If you have an Amazon Echo, it can even read the book to you. Pretty neat. :geek:
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
Theroe

Post by Theroe » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:40 am

letumgo wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:27 pm Doug - If you’ve got a smart phone or tablet, you can download Kindle software on it and read Kindle books. I have an iPhone and iPad, with the kindle app on each. It allows me to read books whenever I’m sitting around waiting. Lately I’ve been finding digital versions of some older out of print books, and adding them to my digital collection. I still personally prefer physical (paper) copies of books, but see the value of digital versions too. Digital copies are searchable, in a way that bets even books with outstanding index sections.

If you have an Amazon Echo, it can even read the book to you. Pretty neat. :geek:
Ray - I do have to give you that point: “control F” certainly does have merit!

Dana
Soft and wet - the only way....