My Flies

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

joaniebo

My Flies

Post by joaniebo » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:42 pm

For 10 to 15 years, during the off season months, I've done a small write-up on flies that I tie for our local TU Chapter's monthly newsletter, Several months ago, a couple of my TU Chapter colleagues took my computer files and put togehter a hard cover book of these articles, probably 100 + articles.

Originally, it was planned that a book would be put together and sold to local Chicago area TU Chapters with all the proceeds going to our local Chapter. Unfortunately, the question of copyrights from other books / magazines / videos arose and, for the time being , the book can't be published for public distribution.

A sample book was printed for me, which totally surprised this old guy. Here's a few pics of the front cover (flies), back cover (old guy with a Rainbow) and the side. Hopefully / possibly in the future, the legal / copyright issues might be resolved.

Cheers

Bob
Attachments
Book Side = Cover.JPG
Book Side = Cover.JPG (201.35 KiB) Viewed 571 times
Book Back Cover .JPG
Book Back Cover .JPG (373.76 KiB) Viewed 571 times
Book Front Cover.JPG
Book Front Cover.JPG (366.34 KiB) Viewed 571 times
Rscconrad

Re: My Flies

Post by Rscconrad » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:18 am

Hopefully the legal stuff gets worked out. Looks like a good book
Variant

Post by Variant » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:59 am

Great looking flies !
I hope you will get the legal matters resolved.
Looking forward to a copy .

Lou
In sport,method is everything.The more the skill the method calls for,the higher it’s yield of emotional stir and satisfaction,the higher it’s place must be in a sportsman’s scale of values. RODERICK HAIG-BROWN
Theroe

Post by Theroe » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:03 am

Very nice project and post. Hopefully the BS gets worked through sooner than later….
Soft and wet - the only way....
novabass

Post by novabass » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:06 am

Looks interesting!
I would like to see more of your flies.
FrankenFly <--my website
Where fly tying comes to life!
joaniebo

Post by joaniebo » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:24 am

novabass wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:06 am Looks interesting!
I would like to see more of your flies.
Do a search for "Lee Wulff Trout Unlimited", the name of our local TU Chapter. If you click on any of the available Newsletters, there should be one of my write ups in every Newsletter for the last 10 + years.

Bob
RickA

Post by RickA » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:50 am

Bob, I have 5 or 6 of your flies that you sent me in 2020 and still use them to copy your patterns.
I just went through a few of the Lee Wulff Chapter Newsletters and was impressed.
Having served on a TU State Council for over 15 years, I've seen a few newsletters and yours are way up there.

I hope your book becomes available and I definitely want a copy.
... And that Grumpy guy is a hoot. There's a collection of short stories that should also be in a book.
Good Luck!
joaniebo

Post by joaniebo » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:21 pm

Rick

Thanks for the nice comments which I'll forward to our Chapter President. Regarding the Grumpy articles, the author (Kurt Haberl) is one of my fishing buddies and for WAY TOO MANY YEARS, many of the Grumpy articles were based (partially) on the real life camping / fishing adveentures of Kurt, myself and 3 other "Amigos!"

Re: "The Book", things might be progressing more in the future. Until then, please feel free to reserach the past Lee Wulff Chapter newsletters for more Grumpy and my fly tying articles.

Cheers

Bob