Partridge & Yellow

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

willowhead

Re: Partridge & Yellow

Post by willowhead » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:20 pm

i'll make sure you get hooked up with Pat Smith...............she sends out the invites.............her and her husband Chet, took over for Richard Thomas last year..............Richard had taken over for Dean Darling...............who had taken over for Tony Spezio, the orginal tying chair and the guy who actually came up with the original idea and headed up the whole show for the first 8 years. Tony sent us our original invite in '04. i cant believe this is gonna be my 9th Sowbug.............."Hard Work When Your Having Fun!" :D

committee meeting tomorrow (second Tue. of every month), 1 p.m., county library. ;)
boy you outta see this brand new, state of the art libray we got here now.....OH YEAH! .....SMOKIN'!! 8-)
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Great history lesson there! Thanks.
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Got to the library a bit early :D before the meeting yesterday..................ssssssshhhhhhhh hadda rumage thru the fly fishing books..........EUREKA! Dig what i found...........a book i'd been lookin' for for years...........Tying and Fishing The Fuzzy Nymphs by, E. H. "Poly" Rosborough w/ intro by Ted Tureblood.
It's a collectors item..........aahhhhhhhhhh...............i doubt the library is ever gonna see it again.......... :twisted: :lol: :D

Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:50 pm

That was a huge find Mark. Turn it back in, so others can enjoy it too. :D
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:47 pm

Kelly, it can be found and read on-line.....btw, i'm going to be volunteering at the library, to work in the fly fishing department (section), they want me to let them know, which books are the one's the should NOT take out of circulation because of their historical significance, etc., etc., etc.........
When my over-due fees reach a certain point, they will offer me to buy that book Kelly............thass how that works...........works for me. i've only done that with a couple books ever...........but, if you snooze, you looze.........i gotta have it in my collection..........been after it for years. And i'll let others know i have it, and they can come over and check it out..........depending, lmao. :lol:

Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:56 pm

Okay, I hear ya. It would be a great book to have.

What do you think of the fly stand I made for small flies? I hope this lets me take better photos.
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:45 pm

That is VERY VERY Cool.........way hip...........but personally, i do NOT much like fly pics with blue/green/grey/white/or any other damn plain (plane?????), color backgrounds.......to BBBBBBooooooorrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg................. :roll:
Black is cool.....but that aint a color......... :D .....thass black. "BlackNuss".......Rahsaan Roland Kirk...........consult your Funk & Wagnels........ :lol:

Talkin' bout........"ya hadda be there......." 8-)

Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:28 am

Kelly,

Since I'm into being able to see the tyers techniques and materials in photos I appreciate plain backgrounds. Takes less away from the fly. That being said, I'm a fisherman, not an artist.

If your looking for a copy of Tying and Fishing the Fuzzy Nymphs by Rosborough, I found 15 copies for sale from a little over $8.00 to almost $25.00 at http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchR ... &x=59&y=14 . There's actually about 3 pages of listings for the book, but I went for the first 15 that are the most affordable.

REE
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
wayneb

Post by wayneb » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:52 am

Hi REE;

Thanks for posting the link to book "Tying and Fishing the fuzzy Nymph" by Polly Rosborough , there's one less available now!

Wayneb
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:57 am

LOL...make that two less!! :D Thank you so much REE. You know, I like mostly plain backgrounds too, and for the same reason. It helps you concentrate on just the fly, nothing else. A busy background on a fly takes you eye off of the fly, and it does not always make it the center of attraction. I love classy photos, sure. But I want as close of a pic possible, to make out details in a fly. I use different pieces of foam, in different colors as backgrounds. I do get tired of the exact same color all the time.