Post by DNicolson » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:55 am

A very nice fly William,
and excellent advice on fishing them.
You to Otter.
fishhead

Re: Amber, Mole and Starling

Post by fishhead » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:16 am

kanutripr wrote:W

I like that method of wrapping the wire body. Very neat. Well done!

Vicki
yes VERY nice way to wrap the body, I'm going have to try one like that later tonite
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:05 am

Otter, that is spot on. I warned Hank the answer wouldn't be satisfactory. It's just too broad to describe in a few sentences. The point is to carry several types of versitile types of flies that cover several situations. It's fun to figure out, and if you're bald as I am, pulling your hair out streamside isn't an option.

I have a couple more to post. If someone gets tired of them...give me a gentle nudge.

w
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
Otter

Post by Otter » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:37 am

William Anderson wrote:Otter, that is spot on. I warned Hank the answer wouldn't be satisfactory. It's just too broad to describe in a few sentences. The point is to carry several types of versitile types of flies that cover several situations. It's fun to figure out, and if you're bald as I am, pulling your hair out streamside isn't an option.

I have a couple more to post. If someone gets tired of them...give me a gentle nudge.

w
Too broad for one book more like, there are so many variables. As to the bald bit, I try and hide myself under a cap, the shine and reflection would otherwise scare every trout for half a mile :D

Keep em coming, these type of flies in one style or another have their place, the important thing is not to give them overdue credit or reliance - and they can be fun to tie.
hankaye

Post by hankaye » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:57 am

Dub-Ya, Howdy

Being used to crappie fishing, the depth (level and water temp.), is a critical part of how you fill your cooler.
Once you find the right depth you can move laterally to find more of the school. Just an example of understanding ;)

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949...
"Every day I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I've stayed alive." George Carlin
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:06 pm

Tired of them??? Hardly!!! I find them inspiring, William. Keep em coming, please...
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean