Beginner's flymph

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Soft-hackle
Site Admin

Re: Beginner's flymph

Post by Soft-hackle » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:31 am

Very cold, here, last night-2 degrees. Tomorrow it's suppose to be near 40, again. then we wonder why everyone has a cold!

Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty.” Edward R. Hewitt

http://www.libstudio.com/FS&S
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:33 pm

i hope your staying warm Mark.....that's one reason we finally decided to move away from N.Y. The colds months just seems to go on forever.............and it doesn't go over very well with old folks.

Boy i am just flabbergasted/amazed/completely bowled over, by this revelation of Lance (Iron Blue) being who he is..............WOW!!!!! HOW Cool is THAT?! It's NO wonder why that fly that begins this thread is what it is, and looks how it does.
That thing has soul and tradition spewing out it's seams. i mean it litterally speaks to you.....and i could "feel" it all along. This is a good lesson is learning bout how you (may sometimes), react based on little knowledge. And Lance revealing himself to us, is such a blessing.....and in many ways, a vendication of all the effort put in by so many on this site. Just a shared love experience.....we are actually maximizing what the internet "should" be all about here. Thank you Lance. ;) HOW BOUT THOSE 49ERS! :D
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
Terrestrial12

Post by Terrestrial12 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:14 pm

Im not sure quite how to word this, so I hope it makes sense...you know how most of the time you look at a fly and you see just that,a fly? Well when I saw this I didn't see a fly at all. I saw a bug.
Fishnkilts

Post by Fishnkilts » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:22 pm

Iron Blue, your first attempt beats the hell out of my tenth, eleventh and so on. That is a beautiful looking pattern and the colors of it go so well together.

Its certainly a fish catching machine of a fly. You sir, are only going to get better and better and I think it's going to come very quick for you.

I can't wait to see where you take this new hobby of yours.
Terrestrial12

Post by Terrestrial12 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:12 am

Thanks for posting! I've been searching everywhere for a long time to find a commercially available up eye hook that's long. All I have sound is the partridge and it's a little short, or the daiichi that's also short and only goes up to a 16. It would be a great spider hook if you could get it in 14s but you can't. Now I know!