Special message to Hans

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Soft-hackle
Site Admin

Special message to Hans

Post by Soft-hackle » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Hans,
I just want to say that I am really appreciating and enjoying the beautiful and innovative flies you have been posting. I am sure a lot of our members do, as well. We are most lucky to have you feeding our library of patterns, and your info on tying them has made me look at other options from materials to tying methods.

Thanks for your time and input, here. I look forward to more.
Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty.” Edward R. Hewitt

http://www.libstudio.com/FS&S
scotfly

Re: Special message to Hans

Post by scotfly » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:51 pm

Soft-hackle wrote:Hans,
I just want to say that I am really appreciating and enjoying the beautiful and innovative flies you have been posting. I am sure a lot of our members do, as well. We are most lucky to have you feeding our library of patterns, and your info on tying them has made me look at other options from materials to tying methods.

Thanks for your time and input, here. I look forward to more.
Mark
I couldn't have put it better.
Often now I find myself incorporating techniques in my tying that are a direct result of Hans'
8-)
Hans Weilenmann

Post by Hans Weilenmann » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:45 am

Thanks Mark, and Dennis.

Mark, you have built a great meeting place here, where people can enjoy, share and learn. I know I do all three.

Cheers,
Hans W
lykos33

Post by lykos33 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:50 pm

I'd have to agree , even tho I am just a newbie to softhackles.I look at all of you guys stuff and just shake my head...someday...someday...
Hans Weilenmann

Post by Hans Weilenmann » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:44 am

*chuckle* Have not been posting any new flies for a bit now - vise has been gathering a fine layer of dust while I put my nose to the grindstone to clear the backlog of Flytier's Page sets of additions. Several nice wingless wets in the new sets, btw, and well worth checking out when you have some spare time 8-)

I will dust off the vise today, though - I have a dozen and a half Waterhen Bloa (varant) to tie up for a special project.

Cheers,
Hans W
VERN-O

Post by VERN-O » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:18 am

on that note Hans....the recent additions to the flytier's page has been outstanding.....WOW :shock: some really great tyers
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:31 am

This fly pics up right where you left off. the dub and rib technique is a fantastic example. The new sets posted on your site are also very inspiring and humbling. There are some amazing guys out there doing great work. It's a resource that is invaluable. Thanks for all your efforts.

So, what's the special project?

w
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com