Sparkler

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Hans Weilenmann

Sparkler

Post by Hans Weilenmann » Mon May 18, 2009 5:30 pm

Sparkler
Hook: Partridge YK4A #12 (or equivalent scud hook)
Thread: Benecchi 12/0, black
Abdomen: Strand from a pearl braided ribbon; and mink underfur, light dun, in a split thread, twisted
Thorax/collar: Couple of strands from a pearl braided ribbon; mink underfur, light dun, in a split thread; and a grizzly hackle, dyed dark dun - all twisted together
Head: Mink underfur, light dun

Cheers,
Hans W
Klaas

Re: Sparkler

Post by Klaas » Tue May 19, 2009 4:41 am

Hi Hans

I whas planning to use mink for the swap,but those tiny hairs wouldt stick on the thread at one lenght.
Do you use a paperclip or magic tool to get all the materials in the loop?

Klaas
Hans Weilenmann

Post by Hans Weilenmann » Tue May 19, 2009 5:04 am

Klaas,

No loop, I just split the the thread. Then inserted a small amount of teased apart underfur, held next in place by the once again 'closed' thread. At this time you can reposition/distribute/fine-tune, then spin.

Cheers,
Hans W
Klaas

Post by Klaas » Tue May 19, 2009 6:36 am

Hi Hans

Ok i remember when you showed me the split thread when you you tied a small streamer.
Gonna try that next time in a swap,from the small streamer i know that the skin whas still on when placed in the split thread and then cut of.
Its comming back now ;) still i could pull/push the hairs to 1 side when the skin from the hair whas cut of.
Just need other thread then uni thats all.
I must have been afraid that splitting thread will break or so,but i know now it will hold.
The"loop"in the split thread has more tension and keeps material tighter,but still i can move/replace the material.

Thanx again Hans

Klaas