The smallest changes

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Hans Weilenmann

Re: The smallest changes

Post by Hans Weilenmann » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:26 am

You are so correct, Mike. No interpretation required or asked for.

Stay safe,
Hans W
Hans Weilenmann

Post by Hans Weilenmann » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:32 am

Mike,

My initial comment, smilie included, was a light tease in your direction. You have a stated preference for shorter shank hooks for spider patterns. Dave sometimes uses longer shank hooks, and I mostly fit in the middle.

Dave is not upset, as he stated. I certainly am not upset. No 'souring' going forward if I can help it.

Cheers,
Hans W
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:02 am

I, for one, certainly hope Mike doesn't follow through on his stated intention of quitting this forum -- I will greatly miss his wealth of knowledge and bent for practicality.
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:45 am

Isn't it interesting that only one little word ("nymph") created all this discussion. I find it ironic that the name of this post is "The smallest changes". Had the word been different, this thread would have likely been entirely different as well.

Mike - I personally do not think this discussion has soured future communications on this board. This type of misunderstandings/discussions are very rare on this forum. One of the things I enjoy about this site is the free and open discussions of a topic we all love. You bring a great deal to the discussion and I know I have learned a lot. I sincerely hope you choose to continue your participation here.

Dave/Hans/Mike/All - Now can we change the subject and get back to discussing important things, like when is a fly a "nymph" or a "soft hackle"? (*humor* :D )
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
Otter

Post by Otter » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Yes sadly, The Smallest Changes can have a massive impact. :cry:
Jim Slattery
Site Admin

Post by Jim Slattery » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:38 pm

I agree with Mike.
Nice Nymphs.
Short hackle , about the sixe of a wing case and legs when compared to the body = Short Hackled Nymph. There are chapters written about this in Important Classic Wingless Wet books.
Skues, Leisenring, McGee and others I am sure.