Learning to post pictures

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

kanutripr

Learning to post pictures

Post by kanutripr » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:47 pm

So here goes. My first attempt to post pictures. Wish me luck!

Ok those are kind of big, what do I do about that ?!?

(ok they aren't so bad when I see them actually posted)

Vicki
Listen with your ears, hear with your heart.
Soft-hackle
Site Admin

Re: Learning to post pictures

Post by Soft-hackle » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi Vicki,
The software for the forum reduces the size of photos larger than a specified size. If you click on the photo itself, it will come up in a pop-up window. If you see a magnifying glass when you move the cursor on the photo, you can click again, and it will appear full size.

Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty.” Edward R. Hewitt

http://www.libstudio.com/FS&S
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:37 am

Nice post, Vicki. Those pics came out nice and at just the right size. Nice photography too. It seems like in the past year or two, everyone on this site and others have really been able to step up and post remarkable pics of flies. It took me some time to get my pics to an acceptable level.

And great flies too.

w
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
Roadkill

Post by Roadkill » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:02 am

Nice flies and photos!
kanutripr

Post by kanutripr » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:44 am

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Believe me William not all of the photos came out so well. :lol: I've had this camera for two years now and just decided this weekend to actually learn to use the macro settings. I may have gotten really lucky with some of them. :roll:

As for the flies, some of them came out a little scruffy (which I kind of like). I usually throw a little dubbing on the thread before I wind it through the hackle. I'm working on the less is more but the dubbing techniques are new so the results are still inconsistent.

The body on the second fly (and mixed in with the third) came from my second favourite canoeing and fishing partner.

Vicki
Listen with your ears, hear with your heart.